• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CATALOGUE PROBLEMS

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!!   I transferred all my photos and catalogue from one macbook to another by copying the folders "Pictures" and "Lightroom" to a hard drive.  I copied the "Pictures folder" into the Pictures App then copied the "Lightroom Folder" to my desktop.  

I opened Lightroom and found all my folders had a question mark beside them and non of the previews would open.  I then opened the Lightroom Folder and clicked on the "lightroom catalogue.lrct" and all was well.  I could open images and work on them.  

I then moved the "Lightroom Folder" to the bin (not wanting it to remain on the desktop) and lost everything again.  I tried to reinstall the catalogue but kept getting a dialogue box stating "your current catalogue is uncompatable with the new version of Lightroom Classic. Would you like use a newer version of your catalogue".   Did that and nightmare time.  It does not work and I have lost 4000+ images.   

Can someone help me get my catlogue back?   Plus if I get them back using the .lrct file does it have to remain on my desktop?

Desperate of Landrake, Cornwall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please start over, with the files on the original MacBook. Follow these instructions exactly as written. Do not skip steps (unless they clearly do not apply, like where it describes moving from Windows to Mac). Do not add in your own steps. Once again, follow these instructions EXACTLY as written. In addition, I emphasize that this process does not involve IMPORTing the photos. DO NOT IMPORT.

Please leave out the "Pictures App" from the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines