• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change face thumb on people

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thumb preview of people seems to change automatically, but i need in many cases to select one specific image to display on the thumb. how can i do that? any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulgi,

In Lightroom CC, when you're in the People's view you can right click on any image and set it as a cover photo for the person.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulgi, are you using LR Classic (that's the forum you posted in)?  Sahil's answer is for LR CC and doesn't apply to LR Classic (there is no way to change the cover photo of a stack of faces in LR Classic).   Do Help > System Info if you're not sure which version you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only use LR Classic, I have absolutely no interest at all in use the cloud.

anyway now i'm confused. shouldn't LR Classic have the same features of the LR for the cloud?

what's going on? i'm feeling really cheated now 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic generally has more features than LR CC. But CC does have some different features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem with LR on this is that it changes the thumb face randomly. at least i couldn't figure out yet how LR picks the thumb face. most of the time LR picks those that are far away and not in focus, forcing me to remove those selections trying to get them out of the thumb. it is really bad. at least LR could use the first one we select. it's a mess on something that could be very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about hacks or plugins? isn't there something we can do to solve it?

i really need to find a way to change the thumbs on faces. i'm being forced to remove faces from a group just to get a usable face on the thumb, sometimes i need to remove dozens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m pretty sure that there aren’t any plugins that could change the top face in a face stack. The LR SDK for plugins doesn’t provide access to any face information in the catalog.

A plugin could access the underlying catalog database directly, but that is undocumented, unsupported, and difficult to keep reliable, since Adobe can change the catalog format at any time.

I recommend posting a feature request on the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature requests posted:

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines