• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change name of catalog (.lrcat-file)

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be done and how? I'll like to have a personalized name on .lrcat in stead og Lightroom Catalog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use your system browser and rename the file to whatever you want it to be. It has to be the same extension. Then double-click on it and Lightroom will start. This will necessitate the previews file to be rebuilt, but that isn't anything serious. After you have done that, you can go back to starting Lightroom as you normally do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Just to verify, when you say "system browser," you do mean in the Finder or in Explorer, correct? In my addeled brain when I read that it sounded like you were suggesting using Safari or Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari or Chrome aren't system browsers. Of course I meant Finder or Explorer. Didn't think that needed to be clarified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the OP renames the Previews (lrdsata) and Helper file to same name then Lr C will not need to rebuild the previews. By way of example.

Originals named:

Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata

Lightroom Catalog Helper.lrdata

New name

My Name Travel Catalog.lrcat

My Name Travel Catalog Previews.lrdata

My Name Travel Catalog Helper.lrdata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First backup your current Lightroom Catalog file (has .LRCAT extension) and have a copy in a safe location.

Do what Jim said and also change the previews file and related files with the same basic name and different extensions. See the screen capture, that will save having to recreate the previews and smart previews.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 7.03.43 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines