Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change view options after import in Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I imported photos (standard) into lightroom and was wondering if there was a way to change the collection/photos to show as Embedded & Sidecar after they were imported. I know you can do this before importing but is there a way to make the change after importing to the collection. Please let me know. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK The "Embedded Preview" option is only intended to speed up the culling of unwanted photos as you Import the files to the Catalog. And they will automatically update to 'Standard' as you view the images in the Catalog.

I could not suggest- why it would be better to 'revert' to the embedded previews-  unless your raw files are not looking like the Camera (JPG) Previews.

PREVIEWS EMBEDDED

You may be better to adopt an Import approach that uses the Camera 'Profiles/Styles,' and adds a suitable Preset (Develop settings) at Import.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its to speed up the workflow since the catalog has 100K+ photos loaded currently. I'd rather scroll quickly and then select the one photo which will be edited, convert to build a smart preview and then edit afterwards. The way the photos currently are - all standard with build smart prev. - the scrolling lags so much and editing takes forever. Thats why i asked if you could revert the already loaded photos to sidecar for faster scrolling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why are you building Smart Previews?

Do you disconnect the 'originals' after import? Do you expect faster workflow with the Preference set to 'Use Smart Previews' ?

Without good reason for SPs- Using 'Standard' Previews' for the whole Catalog, and building '1:1'  previews at the time of Import, would make more sense to me. (The 1:1 previews can be set to 'delete' after a set time, thus taking up less space in the Preview cache. )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines