• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed iMac hard drive

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the HD in Imac and Lightroom is stuck in "Backing up Lightroom 3-2 ".   Could it be caused by my renaming the new SSD?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a lot more information is needed. That is way too brief a description. Also, please include the following details:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.50.35 AM.pngI installed the new SSd from OWC and followed instructions for restoring the opertaing system and getting the Imac up and running.  Everthing is working.  I opened Lrc and the window notice you see attached was showing. I assumed it was reloading all my photo info.  After 24 hours it's still stuck on that so I tried to quit...this is on the screen shot.  I renamed the Imac New SSD, but I've gone back and renamed to the original Macintosh HD.  What should I be doing?  Should I "Force Quit" and start over?  Thanks hope this is enough info.Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.51.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen shot of the Backup dialog that comes up. It looks like this.

2020-07-29 11_31_37-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Look at the area I have places a red outline around. It should point to a Drive name and a folder name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find that info you posted in the window...

It appears that my Imac HD has been recovered.   Now it seems the external drives where I store my photos are holding up the operation of LrC.  Attached are screen shots.  Is there anything I should know in order to get this done properly?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.14.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.13.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Exactly are you trying to show with those 2 screen shots you included?

The first is showing you have LrC Catalog #6 open and that the Sync icon in the upper right hand corner has some problems, RED colored.

The second is showing you are trying to Close LrC and it is Syncing, or trying to sync, something and has not completed (And Won't because of the problems with the sync feature) and is askiing you to either Cancel or Shut Down.

Neither is showing the Folders section open, It is closed/collapsed, no photos are shown, the Catalog section is closed and neither is showing what I asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I guess that's my question.  The first time this happened I had to force quit the Imac because LrC was frozen.  I restarted and this sync problem came back.   Now 24 hours later its still trying to sync photos. It's making progress and appears to be mostly complete.  What is it syncing to?  Is this syncing to Iphone and Ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

Could it be caused by my renaming the new SSD?

End Quote:

Yes if the backup system for the LrC catalog is looking for the original name of the hard drive (SSD).

It is looking for Name X and you have renamed that X drive to Y. LrC has no idea where to place the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines