• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing folder structure

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing folder structure that contains all of my raw files (structure 1)

I have replicated this exact structure on a completely different drive (structure 2).  I want to delete structure 1 entirely and have lightroom "point" to structure 2 and for it to see all my lightroom edits.  Somebody told me how to do this years ago and it worked, but I have forgotten the process!

Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before deleting (structure 1), in the library module highlight the folder in structure 1 and right-click and choose the option to update the folder location. Then point Lightroom to that folder in structure 2. If you have things organized so that the folders are within one master folder, then all you have to do is point to the master folder and all subfolders will update automatically. After the folder location has been updated then (structure 1) can be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After your replicate the folder structure, follow the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document. http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm You can perform this on the parent folder and then you won't have to do this on each child folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines