• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing folder structure.

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reduce the depth of my folders as Lightroom is mixing files at the lowest level. However the images have been edited and a ready for export. One of my folders has 5 important sub folders. I now need to move these up a level and at the same time keep them together at this higher level. How do I do this.

Thanks

sockit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While being in the library module, you can simply drag & drop folders in the Folder panel on the left. They will move with all its content.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily move anything anywhere you want in Lightroom. All the images' settings will follow so you won't loose anything. You can easily make new folders and move images into these new folders.

So, you can make a new folder, for example, and then just drag and drop images into this new folder

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.  McLion and Marek.  It has worked just as I needed. I appreciate your kind help

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines