Highlighted

Classic/Catalina Screen Display

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading Catalina OS, I experienced random psychedelic color screen displays (blues, reds, pinks, whites, magentas circular or random patterns) after the Mac went to sleep. They occur randomly, more frequently after I have been editing photos. They are superimposed on one of the programs I have running such as Excel or Lightroom itself. This did not occur with Mojave. I have a subscription to Lightroom Classic and have the latest version (9.2.1). The sequence is: screen saver, sleep, color display which remains on until I wake up the computer.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Classic/Catalina Screen Display

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading Catalina OS, I experienced random psychedelic color screen displays (blues, reds, pinks, whites, magentas circular or random patterns) after the Mac went to sleep. They occur randomly, more frequently after I have been editing photos. They are superimposed on one of the programs I have running such as Excel or Lightroom itself. This did not occur with Mojave. I have a subscription to Lightroom Classic and have the latest version (9.2.1). The sequence is: screen saver, sleep, color display which remains on until I wake up the computer.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an external monitor?

Check your cable.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. This is an early 2019 iMac, 16GB memory, Mac OS 10.15.4, LRC 9.2.1, 21.5" built-in Retina display. This first occurred after installing the Catalina OS so I am assuming a software glitch or corruption of a file somewhere in that process. I first tried shifting to the Library mode when I finished editing for the day and that seemed to work for a couple days but it returned the night after a couple hours of editing. I am now trying to close LRC completely at the end of the day and that has worked but I am only one day into that experiment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not the cable, your GPU is going bad. This sounds like memory corruption on the video card.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines