Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic CC freezes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

New install. Opened it, upgraded catalogue. Selected picture, hit Develop. Froze.

Nothing useable. Only mouse pointer moves. Nothing clickable. Keyboard unresponsive. Had to force shutdown computer.

Tried again. Same happened.

Force shutdown. Stopped lr from launching. Unistalled LR, including old cc version.

Download and install classic from cc menus.

Started classic, upgraded catalogue. Selected picture, hit Develop. FROZEN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

I figured it out. My computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.

Turning off graphics acceleration reduces performance. Makes the program too slow to work efficiently for a work environment. If not a work computer, may be tolerable for some. But i ran a bench mark test and it runs much slower than previous version and only benifit is the new masking tools. Not worth it for me.

I just downgraded to lr cc 2015.12 (lr 6.12) until i get a new work station.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem. Unusable-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I had the problem, having an old iMac 24"

I tried this, taken from an old question elsewhere in this forum.

Please turn off the Graphics Processor from the Lightroom preferences.

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go in to preferences, it completely FREEZES on me there too, so I am unable to turn GPU OFF!!! Can someone please help me with this??? I am getting so frustrated! Why is this not an option during the install process!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 2 in this article will let you turn off the graphic processor OUTSIDE Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same issue. Just tried this trick to turn off the graphic processor and it worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. My computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.

Turning off graphics acceleration reduces performance. Makes the program too slow to work efficiently for a work environment. If not a work computer, may be tolerable for some. But i ran a bench mark test and it runs much slower than previous version and only benifit is the new masking tools. Not worth it for me.

I just downgraded to lr cc 2015.12 (lr 6.12) until i get a new work station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have the same problem.  Im just curious. How do you “downgrade“ to 6.12?  Thank you-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud app, where you can see the apps, assets, and so forth. In the app menu, first uninstall the new LR Classic. Then select the pull down menu for LR Classic, and choose "other versions". You should see LR 6 install.

Run it. This will only install LR 6.0 CC. Once installed, DO NOT UPGRADE FROM CREATIVE CLOUD APP! This will delete 6.0 and reinstall Classic. Instead. Google "LR CC 6.12" and find the adobe page. There, you xan select your operating system and download the 6.12 update.

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You.  I thought I as the only one with the freezing problem.  How do you down grade to an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeatedly had this problem, with no GPU installed, until I watched the system info in Task Manager when LR was locked-up. The problem seemed to be with the dynamiclinkmanager.exe and dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe, both found buried in the LR folders. I disabled both in my firewall application control and have not had a problem since. This is a problem that only surfaced since the 'Classic' update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC was freezing frequently and also crashing on my Mac with 16GB RAM running High Sierra.  I unticked 'use graphics processor' in preferences/performance/camera raw and it has been fine since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest 24" iMac that far exceeds the minimum requirements and it freezes on that so that can't be the problem. Mine is currently frozen just when I need to get some photographs out! Looks like I'm going to have to do a forced reboot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread has already been tagged as answered?  It will not attract attention to your issue.

What version of Lightroom are you using and what version of iMac are you running?

It would have been better if you start a new thread and describe the problem you are having.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines