• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Out Unused Watermark Profiles/Choices

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using watermarks and finally decided to clean up the ones I actually use.  When I go to export a photo with a watermark, I go to the watermark section and select the watermark I would like to use.  The number of watermarks that I no longer use is large.  Can anyone tell me how to delete a watermark profile?  I have 15 different selections and actually only use 2.  One that is black and one that is white.  I would like to remove all the other selections.  I have tried to edit watermark, but here is NO option to remove any of the unused watermarks.  It is just a pain when I click on the arrow to change the watermark and I have to go through all the old selections.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

In Lightroom Preferences under Presets, choose 'Show Lightroom Presets Folder...' Open the Lightroom folder.. Watermarks are in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Preferences under Presets, choose 'Show Lightroom Presets Folder...' Open the Lightroom folder.. Watermarks are in there.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean!  That worked great!  I made an Alias (shortcut) and put it in my Lightroom folder for easy access.

I certainly didn't want to remove them one at a time.  I'll usually do a custom Watermark for each photo, so the size fits where I want with minimal image disruption, the font style and color matches well - for instance matching the highlights of a toned monochrome - and the opacity blends well.  I ended up with a pile of well over 100, and would have to scroll through them all to get to open the Edit screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly everything you create ends up in the Presets folder.....except Presets ironically, so it's defintely worth having a shortcut to. Glad I could help.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, all the deleted watermarks still show up in the list displayed in the export dialog.  How to get rid of them there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Go to Menu: Edit>Edit Watermarks...  to open the Watermarks Editor

2) Click the Dropdown menu and Select a Watermark to be deleted-

ScreenShot032.jpg

3) Click the Dropdown menu a second time and select 'Delete preset ....'

ScreenShot033.jpg

And you can delete them from the Windows Folder- C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

Edit:  As suggested by Sean above!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines