• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone tool - image goes negative when I click it

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! New to Lightroom. I click clone, and the photo goes negative. Reloaded lightroom, formatted SD card in camera (Sony NEX-5T), clone tool still flips pos/ to neg/. HELP! (Thank you. Driving me crazy))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Please described your problem more detailed. What do you try to clone? If possible post screenshot that we can see what happened. We need also informations about your environment.

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Which version of operating system do you use?

What you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

What probably happened, is that you inadvertently pressed A, which is the keyboard shortcut for Visualize spots. (Visualize spots makes it easier to identify sensor dust) To turn it off, press A again.

This would also happen with the toolbar hidden. (press T to show or hide the toolbar)

Resetting the preferences fixed it because it sets all settings to default, and Visualize spots is not a setting that's turned on by default.

LR-visualize-spots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please described your problem more detailed. What do you try to clone? If possible post screenshot that we can see what happened. We need also informations about your environment.

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Which version of operating system do you use?

What you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, I am running Lightroom classic, and was simply clicking on the clone tool in Develop - learning how to use it on a sample photograph.

Your suggestion of resetting the Lightroom preferences (link in your post) did the trick! Below is a screen capture just FYI, since you asked for a picture and were kind enough to help me. Many thanks. Be well, be safe. CLC

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.10.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What probably happened, is that you inadvertently pressed A, which is the keyboard shortcut for Visualize spots. (Visualize spots makes it easier to identify sensor dust) To turn it off, press A again.

This would also happen with the toolbar hidden. (press T to show or hide the toolbar)

Resetting the preferences fixed it because it sets all settings to default, and Visualize spots is not a setting that's turned on by default.

LR-visualize-spots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah - SO INTERESTING! Must confess that I was clicking around all over the keyboard - we live and we learn, eh? Thanks again for your help. SO much more to learn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines