Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud and Lightroom

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I love to edit my photos in Lightroom and have been using the application for a while. It's wonderful. But... I want to use my 20gb Cloud storage with the folders I am currently editing.

When I started the plan I am currently using there was a setting that uploaded all (?) images to the Cloud, therefore it's more then full now even though I can't find anything, at all, in the cloud. What is wrong and how do I fix it? 

Thanks a lot!
Kind regards,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Lightroom Classic forum. Are you using Lightroom Classic V9.2.1 or Lightroom (cloud-based) V3.2.1 ?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am indeed using Lightroom Classic.

Regards, 

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big mistake. To my knowledge, nobody in the world has control over what Lightroom does when syncing. You cannot select a date range, or any other criteria.

If you have more than 20GB of images to sync, give up or but 1TB for 5$ a month with the photography plan ( this is not so expensive after all).

In the preference, you can specific where you synced images are stored ( or the virtual copy) on your computer. I use this feature to avoid being polluted by all the cloud images.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the mistake? Well, buying another plan will just upload more images I don't need uploaded and I still don't get to actually use the feature? I have plenty more then 20GB, I mean, who doesn't nowadays? But I could easily split them all up in "work-right-now-folders" and therefore get under 20GB. But... if I can't specify what folders to cloud there is really no reason..

I wanted to cloud the images I am currently editing so I could edit them from anywhere with my tablet. I guess I could work around it by using another cloudservice but it will be a lot of time wasted on uploading/downloading images here and there.

What about the the images that "are" uploaded but are nowhere to be found? Such a disappoint to a otherwise incredibly good program. Adobe is so well known, yet they can't manage cloudstorage in a pleasant way? 

Sad, but true, I guess. Too bad.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use the cloud features that much. Did you choose the option to migrate your catalog? If you did then that is why you used your 20 GB so quickly.

The other way to use your cloud space is to create collections of images in Lightroom Classic. Those collections can contain images from various folders of your choosing. Then you choose which of those collections to share. The collections are shared as smart previews, and they don't impact your allotted cloud storage space. Are you aware of that feature, and do you know how to use it? Do you know if you actually migrated your catalog? That is a process usually done when you are planning to abandon Lightroom Classic in preference to using the new Lightroom that stores all your images in the cloud. If that was your intention then you will probably need more than 20 GB of storage because the "new" Lightroom (i.e.Lightroom that some users referred to as Lightroom CC) stores the original full-sized images in the cloud and they DO impact your cloud storage allocation. And you don't choose which images you store in the cloud and which images you store locally. They ALL store in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines