• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage after import to LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, I switched from importing my iPhone photos by plugging it into my computer to auto-importing my iPhone photos with the LR mobile app.  When opening LR Classic, the new photos appear in an "Imported Photos" folder.  I assume these are full-resolution originals and move the photos to folder locations on my external hard drive.

I do use collections to edit photos on LR Mobile using smart previews, but I don't think I need the originals to stay in the cloud.  What steps should I take to remove them to conserve storage, without risking that the originals will be deleted from my hard drive at the next sync?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove them from All Synced Photos in the Catalog panel, then add them back to the collections. That first removes the originals from the cloud, and then they are uploaded as smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  What is the right way to remove the photos from All Synced Photos?  Also how can I be sure that the photos imported to LR Classic are in fact the originals and not just previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing is simple - select them in ASP and press the delete key. This simply removes the files from Adobe's servers and from any synced collections.

Once you see an iPhone photo appearing in LR Classic, you can be sure that it has been downloaded to your hard drive as an original and not as a preview. The problem is more that you can't readily see whether a photo is synced as an original or as a smart preview. There is a way to see, but that's only by installing the Cloudy Lightroom, which will only confuse things. So I would start off by removing all iPhone photos from ASP, and from then on you would know that any new iPhone photos appearing in your catalogue are originals and you need to do the same procedure with them.

Test this on a few files and you'll soon get the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I worked (I think)!  Yay, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines