• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage, collaboration and Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

This may be obvious to some of you, but not to me, and by the answers Adobe Support/Sales is providing I must not be asking the right question:  

• We have a team of 4 - a photographer, a Social Media manager, and two principles.
  • We need a single cloud storage solution for the photographer to upload images.
  • That single location needs to be accessible to the other three team members to access and manage the images (tag/comment on/download/etc.).  
  • Most of the team already has existing Adobe CC accounts for other uses (Premier, Illustrator/etc.). 
  • We are currently using an existing FLICKR Pro account - but would prefer an Adobe solution since we use their other apps. 

What should we be asking Adobe for? Adobe has said the only way to do this is by uploading the images to a local drive and sharing that drive...my background says this would be perfect...in 1995. (not meant to be snarky, just frustrated at what seems like a straight forward, and common, need)

I am happy to clarify any needs.

Help, please! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem you are running into is that Lightroom Classic is a single-user, single-computer database program. Sharing between users is not an option.

Depending on the needs of the non-LR users, LR can sync selected images to the Adobe cloud. Someone else will need to answer the questions about how, where, why, and limitations on the other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines