Highlighted

Cloud storage full but files & archives empty

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I got the notification that my cloud storage was almost full I decided to go ahead and delete most of my files in Lightroom. On the desktop app, it let me delete them and when I went online to clear out any files or archived files from the cloud, there was nothing there. My phone app and the desktop app both say im out of storage so I can't upload any of my new work. I've already played the waiting game for a few weeks to see if the storage just needed some time to free up after deleting but it hasn't helped. Please help me!!!!

Please note that under the activity tab when I'm looking at my assets online it says that 0 of 20 gb is being used. It's the app on my desktop and phone that say my storage has exceeded my 20 gb. I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cloud storage full but files & archives empty

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I got the notification that my cloud storage was almost full I decided to go ahead and delete most of my files in Lightroom. On the desktop app, it let me delete them and when I went online to clear out any files or archived files from the cloud, there was nothing there. My phone app and the desktop app both say im out of storage so I can't upload any of my new work. I've already played the waiting game for a few weeks to see if the storage just needed some time to free up after deleting but it hasn't helped. Please help me!!!!

Please note that under the activity tab when I'm looking at my assets online it says that 0 of 20 gb is being used. It's the app on my desktop and phone that say my storage has exceeded my 20 gb. I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2017 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So online ( Adobe Photoshop Lightroom  ) you see nothing? Perhaps you have files stored in the creative cloud disk part. Those are in Adobe Creative Cloud . If both are empty you should have the full storage available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a resolution to this problem? I even "Deleted All Data" but it still says my cloud storage is full.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete All Data clears the Lighrroom Mobile content, but your cloud storage also includes Adobe Creative Cloud files. The archive contains stuff that you have deleted and uses space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked in all the creative cloud archives and don't see any files there either. I haven't used the creative cloud for several months. Thanks for the idea though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately the only resokution  for me was to call customer support. Three or four days later the issue was resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also dealing with this issue. My cloud storage says I am over my limit even after I have deleted everything, including all my archived folders. I have deleted everything except a few (less then 10) select photos from my local folder (creative cloud folder on my computer) in addition to the web folder. Can anyone help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2018 2
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

This is what I did.

Opened Lightroom CLASSIC.

Went to Preferences.

Chose Lightroom Sync tab

Chose 'Delete All Synced Data'

Another screen opened giving the option 'Go to Lr Web to proceed'

* That page had a 'Delete Lightroom Library' option

Clicked it and followed the instructions.

Problem solved - for me.

* I could not find anywhere on my Adobe account with a link to that 'Delete All Synced Data' page. Had to go through LR Classic.

I could not delete 'All Photos' in Lightroom CC because the 813 images had not finished uploading.

Creating an Album did nothing to help, because the 813 images had not finished uploading.

They had not finished uploading because I bought a new Mac (please note: it's not a MAC), and deleted all Adobe software and images from the old Mac (which is not a MAC).

Adobe Cloud could not cope with this situation, it seems.

SDG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 12
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for detailing this workflow...I had the same problem when first using Lightroom CC (Cloud library choked on too many files for 20GB), and this worked for me also — as you say, there's no equivalent option to delete the Lightroom library anywhere else I could see, other than in Lightroom Classic CC.  Very poor usability.

I think I'll keep to Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2018 2
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I was having the same issue. It was very frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud shows 17GB out of 20 used but when i go through Assets there are no files to account for the 17GB ,and after i archived then permanently deleted what was showing, no change

If i have 17GB used then where are my files??

And we are supposed to trust Adobe with all of our precious photographs?

Not any time soon.

For sure not until they open up Lightroom CC connectivity to 3rd Party Cloud storage services like Google, Microsoft, Amazon or others (Flickr, SmugMug . . . .) which are already being used with annual plans by many including myself.

Unfortunate all around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2018 0