• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborative proofing not showing selections and comments

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently sent a link to a client and asked them to choose the images they liked etc.   The client made her selections but those selections do not show up in Lightroom Classic or on Lightroom Web.  The only way I can see her choices is to log into the original link she used to make her selections.  Any ideas of how I can see those selections/comments in Lightroom Classic?  Am I missing a setting somewhere or do I need to just use the "share" choice?  I really like the idea of collaborative proofing if I can just make it work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps these instructions by John Beardsworth answer your question-

See his article at- Collaborative Proofing – “Lightroom CC” thinking for a Lightroom Classic task? – Lightroom Solutions 

• You can see their selections in Lightroom Web’s Proofing View
  • Select the photos they have flagged, and click Create Album to create a new collection with those images
  • This new album syncs back into your catalogue

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  The problem is I can NOT see the selections unless I log in through the link I gave the client.  The selections and comments are there but no where else, not in Lightroom Web and not in Lightroom Classic.  This has potential to be a fantastic feature but only if it works; otherwise, it just makes us look unprofessional!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Besides the Adobe cloud environment: I don't know if it still operates the same, but I recall seeing some functionality in the LR(C) Publish plugin for Flickr, whereby that (on demand) synced and downloaded any comments added by an album-invited viewer of photos within Flickr, back down into LR Classic. These comments could then be viewed in the Metadata panel / perhaps added to the Info overlay for loupe or develop view. That was at the same time, as LR(C) republishing / updating the membership of this Publish collection, out in the other direction as appropriate. Altered images, IIRC, were replaced, not treated as new: hence their metadata and attributes within Flickr did persist. This or other web services may be able to participate in that same kind of method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines