• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

collection no longer allowing additions

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discovered I can no longer add photos to collections after the latest Adobe update. A new collection can be created but pics cannot be added. Tried adding them to an already existing collection and that also did not work. Using a MacBook Pro 15 inch (retina, mid 2015). All updates performed for both Mac (OS 10.15.6) as well as LrC through the Adobe subscription. All other functions of LrC appear to be working. 

update: appreciate everyone's input. Clearly I was the problem! I was using "Collection Set" instead of "Collection" in the drop down menu. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a PC and I am having the same issue. I have photos already in the catalogue but not in collections and they can not be added to existing ones.

Any help will be appreciated. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. (We need the NUMBER and not "latest" or words like taht).

What happens when you try to add photos? Describe in detail. Are you sure this is a regular collection and not a collection set and not a smart collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom classic 9.3 release. Example: I have a standard collection "Miami" and I have imported new pictures but I did not place them in any collection on import. Now i want to add them to the Miami collection and that option does not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not answer the questions I asked. "What happens when you try to add photos? Describe in detail. Are you sure this is a regular collection and not a collection set and not a smart collection?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just drag and drop pictures onto a collection to add them. Did you try that?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on release 9.3. I will delete the collection folder again (have done this twice) and create a new collection and make sure it is not a collection set. I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a way to make this work. Make the collection that you want to add pictures to the "target" collection. Select all the pictures you want to add, right click and in the dropdown menu you will find "add to the target collection". Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you simply don't know that the easiest way to add pictures to a collection is by dragging and dropping...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and drop no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this. I don’t understand why the drag and drop stopped working and hope Adobe will correct the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no bug. Drag and drop works fine on my Macs with MacOS Catalina, so if it does not on your Mac then it must be something on your system that is causing this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the thing that isn’t working on the system is me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point not mentioned here yet that I can see- (a common beginner's problem)

You must drag with the mouse cursor placed on the thumbnail image, and not the grey border that surrounds the thumbnail image.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines