• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collection not syncing

Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sync'd a collection just fine. Then I created another collection with some of the images from the sync'd collection but the subset collection is not syncing. I logged out and back onto adobe and also restarted computer. Do you know what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything OK in your Preferences > Lightroom Sync (mac) or in the same tab in Windows?

Does this help:

Lightroom Classic sync FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly you cannot 'sync' the same photo twice- Lightroom sees it as a duplicate. (Both Collections are referencing the same photo file!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know it isn't syncing? What steps did you make to sync the collection? Have you check for it at Lightroom on the web at lightroom.adobe.com? I frequently sync collections with images that are also synced in other collections without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it wasn’t syncing because the new sync’d collection was not showing
up on the Lightroom mobile app on multiple devices.
--
Sincerely,

David M. Rosen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard my earlier reply re "duplicates"!

It occured to me that different Classic Collections may list different Virtual Copies of the same photo.

And I realize I do have different versions of the same photo available in Lr-mobile apps.

So follow advice from Theresa_J

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

go To the Lightroom preferences > Lightroom sync. If there are images stuck in the sync process they will be listed in the section below. Whatever is listed is a link to the image in the catalog, so you can click on it to find out what exactly is stuck. 
You can rebuild the sync data by clicking in this area with your alt or option key.

You should also visit Lightroom.adobe.com. What you see here is what has synced. If you see the collection in question here and not on your mobile device, then the problem is with the device, not with Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines