• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color and contrast shift when editing from LR to PS

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom help! When I export a RAW image directly from LR to photoshop CC through the "edit" function, the photo takes on an overall ORANGE hue and a strong contrast. As a test, when I export the photo as a tiff and then open it in PS, the photo looks just as it does in LR.  I have seen in other forums (Scott Kelby's) that others have had similar problems but no one seems to have a fix for the issue.

I have tried editing with different color spaces--sRGB, RGB, ProPhoto RGB--and the problem persists.  It's a little hard to see in these examples but the ones on the right are from LR and the one on the Left are the tiff as seen in PS.  I had to desaturate the orange and lower contrast back in LR to match the two.  Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.13.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.15.31 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably caused by non-matching versions of Camera Raw in Lightroom and Photoshop.

What is your exact version of Lightroom and Photoshop's Camera Raw plugin?

In Lightroom go to Help > About Lightroom, in Photoshop go to Help > About plugins > Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this. Has it been figured out what caused it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the version numbers of Lightroom and Camera Raw (see my post above).

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Does the problem go away if you turn off the GPU in Lightroom or Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest versions of all software on Mac. GPU acceleration is off in both programs, and always has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must compare the two this way: In Lightroom Classic, Develop module at 1:1 or greater. In Photoshop, same zoom ratio (100% or greater). The other modules do not use the same preview architecture. 

If you still see a visual mismatch, try this: First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've compared both images and histograms in Lr before/after saving via Ps. The error exists regardess of which color profile I set for the monitor. As per your suggestion, I've tried the srgb and default profiles to confirm. My current calibration is usiong iDisplay software. All software is up to the latest verions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the image in LR have a creative profile applied to it?  If so, a bug introduced in LR 10 causes PS to lose the profile:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

The second post in that thread gives an easy workaround.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines