Highlighted

Color and exposure shifts when exporting files

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a using lightroom classic CC on a Windows 10 platform with Eizo ColorEdge callibrated monitors. Whenever I export edited RAW or DNG files the color shifts and the exposure is about .20 darker. Can someone tell me why this is happening. I have tested everything I can think of including different color profiles but I cannot find a way to see an exported file that matches my lightroom editing.

Please see the screem capture showinj my edited lightroom image with the exported jpg.

I look forward to your recommendations.

Jim

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom is color managed, and uses the monitor profile to display correct colors. (it converts the colors from the document profile to the monitor profile)

The Photos app is not color managed, and does not do this conversion, so it displays uncorrected (and wrong) colors. Since you have a wide gamut monitor, applications without color management will also display over saturated colors.

The solution is to use a color managed image viewer to view your exported files. Windows does not come with any color managed viewer, so you have to use a third party viewer. I recommend  Fast Stone which is free for personal use.

Color management has to be enabled in Settings, both checkboxes must be checked.

You can also use Bridge, which is included in your Creative Cloud subscription.

In the future, please insert images directly in your post by clicking the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

image.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color and exposure shifts when exporting files

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a using lightroom classic CC on a Windows 10 platform with Eizo ColorEdge callibrated monitors. Whenever I export edited RAW or DNG files the color shifts and the exposure is about .20 darker. Can someone tell me why this is happening. I have tested everything I can think of including different color profiles but I cannot find a way to see an exported file that matches my lightroom editing.

Please see the screem capture showinj my edited lightroom image with the exported jpg.

I look forward to your recommendations.

Jim

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom is color managed, and uses the monitor profile to display correct colors. (it converts the colors from the document profile to the monitor profile)

The Photos app is not color managed, and does not do this conversion, so it displays uncorrected (and wrong) colors. Since you have a wide gamut monitor, applications without color management will also display over saturated colors.

The solution is to use a color managed image viewer to view your exported files. Windows does not come with any color managed viewer, so you have to use a third party viewer. I recommend  Fast Stone which is free for personal use.

Color management has to be enabled in Settings, both checkboxes must be checked.

In the future, please insert images directly in your post by clicking the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

image.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is MS Photos color corrected?

If so, does MS Photos have an issue with your Color Sync ICC profile?

Or a problem with your GPU driver?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert-photos.png

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 1
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how many viewers I have tried over the years. I am embarrassed to tell you how long I have been fighting this problem. I knew it had to do with color management of the viewer but I never found a color managed viewer before. Fast Stone works perfectly.

Thank you again, I will recommend that my customers also download FastStone.

Jim Palik

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1