• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color bars on my images

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on a cause for this? Not all images but enough to cause me great concern.DSC06782-2.jpgDSC06800-2.jpgDSC06804-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info...when these images are viewed in camera, thay are all perfect. Dragged and dropped the images from my card to a folder on my PC and again...all perfect. Points to a Lightroom issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is often an indication of a hardware issue, possibly a failing hard drive or a failing camera card. Could be other hardware problems as well. Try downloading the images on another computer to compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Card Reader Jim...many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the original files RAW?

The image in camera is the JPG preview so it does not mean the RAW is ok.  

When you say you copied the photo to the hard drive did you then import into Lr or look at them in the OS?  The OS is probably also looking at the JPG preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post details of the version of Lightroom Classic you are using e.g Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 (that is the latest version) also info about your OS win, mac and the actual version. Also, are you using a card reader or are you connecting the camera directly with a USB connection?

If the files being imported are raw files then they may have been corrupted during the copy/import process. The reason you see them ok on the camera screen and the PC viewing app is because what you are seeing is the jpeg thumbnail file created by the camera for viewing. What you are seeing in Lightroom is the raw file data processed with the Default Develop settings being applied at import.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 Windows 10 and a card reader. Files are jpg files. Don't forget...the issue happens only on a Lightroom import. If I drag the files onto my PC, they are fines and I can then import into Lightroom and they are fine. The issue seems to be when importing via Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue. From my experience it has always been cables or hardware. This is file corruption

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt it's file corruption, just trying to determine where it's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that this is probably hardware.

But, are these bad images as seen in Library module, or Develop module or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suggesting during the download. Go back to original chip and redownload. When original chip is in camera is their a issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaning towards this being a Card Reader issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines