• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color difference between Library and Develop / BigSur

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed that there is serious color difference between a picture at 100% in Library and Development.
This does not happen in Libary in raster/mosaïc overview...

Inital thought that is was happening to the new Canon Raw CR3 files... but noticed it in TIFF and CR2 also.

Lightroom Clasic 10.11; CR 13.1

BigSur 11.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first step you should try to deactivate the GPU support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If this doesn't help you have to check you monitor profile

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Please take also a look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-color-change-between-develop-and-library/...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/differences-beetween-library-and-development-colour...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/color-is-very-different-between-library-and-develop...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled the GPU: still the same issue

Recalibrated the iMac screen as described in your link: still the same issue.

Selecting the picture in Library mode "Fit" to screen: colors are correct. Zoom to 100% and the colors are incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an iMac/MBP + external display? If so, what display model, and what calibrator are you using?

In most circumstances, a difference between Library and Develop indicates a defective monitor profile. In this case, however, the difference is conspicuosly similar to the difference between sRGB and Adobe RGB - or a standard gamut monitor vs a wide gamut one. That suggests the wrong monitor profile is used somewhere. Not a defective profile, but the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an iMac

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 17.17.33.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Selecting the picture in Library mode "Fit" to screen: colors are correct. Zoom to 100% and the colors are incorrect"

Adobe has acknowledged this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-library-zoomed-view... 

Be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post in that bug report. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Normally Adobe releases LR every 8 weeks, and LR 10.2 would have been expected the first week of February or so. But Adobe has communicated through trusted partners (e.g. Victoria Bampon, Lightroom Queen) that the next release is taking longer, as Adobe tries to fix the serious bugs in LR 10/10.1/10.1.1.  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug and will be fixed for next release. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a known bug and will be fixed for next release"

Well, there you go. I'm not used to outright color management bugs in either Lr or PS - in my 15+ years of experience it has always been extremely reliable. It has always been bad profiles (or user error).

Even the "wrong monitor profile" issue that we've seen quite a lot of lately, turns out to be (most likely) outside Adobe's control and down to display management in the OS and video card.

I'll try to keep this one in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with johnrellis,  and I have experienced what you are experiencing and more on my system. See my signature for info about my equipment.

I have reverted to LrC 10.0 and things are relatively stable and I am not experiencing the change in color when zooming to 100% in Library and Develop modules.

This is in response to the Author.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karel,

I have exactly the same problem.  I was wondering, did you solve it?  Or have you tried the latest update (10.2) to see if it has been fixed?

Thanks,

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this specific problem is fixed on my system with the update to Lightroom Classic 10.2!

Also.. On the previous version the Develop module took 2.5sec to render a sharp image of the Canon Eos R5 files (GPU enabled!). This is also significantly reduced to less than 1 sec! 

Karel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news!  This bug was driving me crazy!

Thanks for the update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines