• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color different when saving from raw to jpg

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving a file from lightroom from raw to jpg i notice a color change even though i have calibrated screen and screen in sRGB have tried diferent screen calibrations but why would it be that it changes when saved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows you are viewing a photo using the Windows Photos app.  That app is not color-managed -- that is, it doesn't use the color profile that your calibrator assigned to the display.  To see accurate colors, you'll need to use a color-managed app such as Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge, Firefox, Irfanview, or Faststone. (With the last two, you need to explicitly enabled color management in their options.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your Windows installation is an in-place upgrade from an older Windows version, a legacy utility called "Windows Photo Viewer" will likely be present and that should respect your monitor profiling. This is set as my default viewer for JPG, and colour management between that and LrC and MS Edge all seems fine even on a wide-gamut screen. Unfortunately I don't think this will be present, if your Windows was installed from scratch as a recent version - in which case, you will need to find some other viewer which is display profiling aware.

This lack of proper compensation for the monitor becomes more evident, the further your monitor's native attributes depart from the presumptions built into sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines