I have an issue with colors:

- I shoot in sRGB

- My images look the same on the Camera and in the Library view

- In the Develop view, however, the colors are ruined

1. Photo in Library

LR_Library.png

2. Photo in Develop

LR_Develop.png

I've tried switching profiles in the Profile Browser, including Camera Mathing -> Faithful, but it is still a disaster. Changing a color profile for my display to sRGB on Windows didn't change anything.

Does anyone know how to make Develop have the same colors I have in the Library (and on my camera)?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<deleted>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is a corrupted Develop preview. (Library and Develop use separate previews)

Try purging the Camera raw cache. This will delete the Develop previews, and new ones will be created when you open images in Develop.

Preferences > Performance > Camera raw cache settings > Purge cache.

LR-purge-cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also thought it might be a problem with preview generation, and was also going to suggest purging the cache. But then I got a little unsure and deleted it...

If it is previews, I suppose it could also be that Library is stuck on the camera-generated ones and doesn't update. If Develop updates in real-time as you work, that might be it. It's not supposed to match the camera anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is previews, I suppose it could also be that Library is stuck on the camera-generated ones and doesn't update.

By @D Fosse

I considered that too, but I  wouldn't have thought that there's a camera setting that changes blue to purple.

And I don't think a defective monitor profile could cause something like this either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers!

Now it actually looks like Lightroom uses embedded previews from the camera. (if I export from the Library, I get a blue color, not purple)

But the problem is that in reality, the color of the lamp was purple, not blue...

In this case, the development of RAW-files with a camera is more "right" than Lightroom development. is there some way to have initial development in Lightroom with the same development options like in the camera? (To get the same colors like on my camera preview?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! I had time to read it before you deleted it 🙂
It looks like you were right - the reason for this display is that Lightroom uses a preview from the camera.

But the problem is that in reality, the color of the lamp was purple, not blue - if I shift the blue color towards purple in the develop module, I get a completely purple lamp, and not the same as on camera preview/in real life - with purple-blue colors around the edges and in the reflections on the clothes. Do you have any ideas, how to get the same colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar issue with Panasonic FZ200 RW2 raw files.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroom-441-raw-develoment-versus-...

Unfortunately the links to the Lightroom forum posts with further information have been deleted (i.e. Adobe Forums App change). I suggest uploading the original raw file to Dropbox or other file shareing site and prodvide the share link in a reply here. I can examine it further and provide possible workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the IMG_6460.CR2 file in Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP) and the tube appears purple as you show in the Library module screenshot. I'm guessing this is actually the camera's embedded preview, which is the same as the in-camera JPEG. If you Zoom to 1:1 in the Library module it will rebuild the preview, which should now look the same (blue) as the Develop module. The Camera Standard and Camera Neutral profiles look very close to the Canon DPP rendering on my system. All the other Camera Matching profiles exhibit the same blue shift.

You can open a Problem Report at the Photoshop Family forum. Place a link to this post in your report and a link to the report back here for others who land here. You can also place a link to the older report I provided, which may help. Unfortunately the Adobe forum post that Adobe Engineer Eric Chan commneted on is gone, but you can mention that as well.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroom-441-raw-develoment-versus-...

Purple to Blue Shift Canon 70D.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Below is a link to the Photoshop Family problem report created by Olena0101. Others landing here with the same issue can add their comments at the below report, which is monitored by Adobe staff.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-raw-development-ver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines