• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color labels

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I add more colors to the already 5 color labels?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

The Lightroom Help has lots of information about how to add keywords to photos

How to use keywords in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The five color labels were defined fix in the program code of Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then is there a better way to coordinate photos into groups?  Exterior photos, Interior, classroom, bathroom, etc.

I am using Lr to organize my project photos. 

is there a better way to organize photos into groups or smart collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use a Color label/star rating combination, keywords, just about anything you can come up with to make your different groups unique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe keyword but I dont see a place where I can apply a keyword to an image.  I'm used to G**gle Picasa as my photo reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keywording features in the Library module:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Help has lots of information about how to add keywords to photos

How to use keywords in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj,

that helped.  got it.  still new to all this.  didn't see that the panels on the right were hidden.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have just started using Colour Labels and run foul of my own lax behaviour.

Rather than using the r click on an image/set colour label command I had until recently been editing in the Library/Metadata/label field. I realised I had a problem when I tried to use a smart collection using colour label as an attribute. I have reset the colour label to LR default and then realising that a db would not reset an image individual data field I manually set the correct colour label "Green" and have checked my work by manually inspecting the results of a smart collection.

So corrected so far but then I noticed that LR has retained my poor entries for "Green" in the Library/Metadata/label field as shown in my screen shot. I have tried to edit them away but no joy.

How do I remove my mistaken entries as shown in my screen shot please.

200413 Colour label issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend keywords

You can have as many as you need, so you can add keywords at a very aggregate level, or if you so desire, you can add keywords at a very detailed level, or mix and match as you need. For most applications, the five color labels aren't enough, even if you add color labels and starts, then you have the problem of remembering the meaning of red with 3 stars; none of this is a problem if you add the keyword "classroom" to a photo, it doesn't limit the number of further keywords you can add, and remembering the meaning is not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines