• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Problems in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I export files from Lightroom Classic the colors look very different when I open the exported file.  There are a lot more oranges/reds in the exported file.  Anyone experience anything like this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to guess that you are on Windows, have a wide gamut monitor, and are viewing the exported images in an application without color management, like the Photos app.

If this is correct, the answer is to use only color managed applications to view your work – it's a must if you have a wide gamut monitor.

You can use Adobe Bridge, which comes with your subscription, or a third party color managed image viewer like FastStone, which is free for personal use. 

Color managed applications, like Lightroom, Bridge or FastStone use the monitor profile to display correct colors by converting image colors from the document profile to the monitor profile.

Applications without color management do not do this conversion, and will not display correct colors, and will inevitably display over saturated colors on a wide gamut monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Lightroom that diaplsy incorrect color, but the viewer you use. On Windows 10, the Photo application is not color managed wich can leads to what you observe, as Per said.

A solution is to use the Windows 7 viewer wich is color managed. It is still present in Windows 10 but not activated. See how to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant get that link in your post to load.

windows page.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hove no problem with this link on all my computers...

BTW, hre is another link on the same subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines