Highlighted

Color shift in printing

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I attempted to print an image on Museo card stock. I did not change any settings from my normal routine (I've been printing with this paper and the same settings for 10 years). I tried two different images. In both instances the result had a heavy blue cast, as if a strong blue filter had been added. I made no changes from a printing session 4 days ago. I did agree to update LR in the last few days and am wondering if that update skewed my colors. I am a garden and landscape photographer, and this shift has eliminated all the green. Any advice? Can I do a reset back to the previous settings?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color shift in printing

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I attempted to print an image on Museo card stock. I did not change any settings from my normal routine (I've been printing with this paper and the same settings for 10 years). I tried two different images. In both instances the result had a heavy blue cast, as if a strong blue filter had been added. I made no changes from a printing session 4 days ago. I did agree to update LR in the last few days and am wondering if that update skewed my colors. I am a garden and landscape photographer, and this shift has eliminated all the green. Any advice? Can I do a reset back to the previous settings?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you indicated nothing has changed from your previous printing session,These types of problems are usually operator error. I have done every Lightroom update and have not experienced any issue with printing. The problem you are describing sounds like possible double color management by both the printer and Lightroom. Or another possibility could be an ink nozzle that needs. I'm sure you have considered these possibilities. A while back I did encounter a printing issue that required three deep cleaning processes of my printer utility to get my printer functioning properly again. But it wasn't a problem with Lightroom. I seriously doubt going to a previous version of Lightroom would provide any resolution to your problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try to test output using a color reference images built for that task. With color reference images, the RGB values are such they are set for output and are agnostic of the editing and display. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have inspected the printer for ink cartridge issues? Print head isssues?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
faust7 LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the color shift problems by loading the latest driver from Epson for my printer... Jim's post led me to check the Epson site for instructions on loading the current printer driver... Thank you all for your responses. Problem solved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0