• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color shifts between Develop and Print modes

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch between Develop and Print, there is a significant on screen color shift.
This is effecting the prints sent to print shops.  How can they be made to be identical since there are no controls in the Print mode.

Attached are screenshots for illustration. Notice in the Print Mode, JPG output is selected.

The machine being used is an iMac 2017 27" with a calibrated monitor.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

"visually it's imperceptible to my eyes."

That further indicates it's likely the zoom-in-print bug and not an issue with the display profile.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. View the original photo in Develop (type d) and compare it with Library Loupe (type e). 

2. Do they appear identical or nearly identical?  If not, then you may have a corrupted or incompatible display profile; see this article to quickly diagnose:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-... 

3. If they appear identical or nearly identical, then you may be tripping over this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-100-using-the-zoom-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a significant visual difference in color between the two modules that simply isn't visible when I just tried Version 5 on the same Mac. So I think this may be a bug lurking, at least on this end under Big Sur. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No soft proofing and no, it's not optional in Print (so it doesn't really matter what it looks like there, it's FPO). None the less, the differences below are not right and again, they match pretty closely with a very old version of Lightroom Classic that's not even supported under Big Sur. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 12.11.13 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-04-21 at 12.11.19 PM.jpg

The less saturated preview pops into view a split second after moving from Develop module. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like when using LR 10.2 and Big Sur, turning on Zoom to Fill in
Print Mode, the colors shift. I've confirmed it on my system.

--
Poway Weather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It looks like when using LR 10.2 and Big Sur, turning on Zoom to Fill in Print Mode, the colors shift. I've confirmed it on my system."

Did you test whether Library Loupe (e) and Develop (d) look identical or nearly identical?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. There is a tiny downward shift in the histograms and visually it's
imperceptible to my eyes.
-Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"visually it's imperceptible to my eyes."

That further indicates it's likely the zoom-in-print bug and not an issue with the display profile.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just received an email from the Adobe Support Community asking if I got the answer I needed.  
Your answer about the bug is correct, but I can't find a way to reply to the question that was asked.

The bug still exists under MacOS 11.3 and 

10throck_0-1619713550914.jpeg

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines