• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color temperature control for DNGs from Xiaomi Mi Note 10 not working

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processing images for my Xiaomi Mi Note 10 is a mess.
It is not possible to use the color temperature slider to get useable results.
It gets not warmer or colder but gets a purple or green tint.
If there is a grey spot in the image I can use the color picker for white balancing, but this is not always the case.
I am using Lightroom Classic 9.14.
Luminar and other RAW processors (e.g. RawTherapee, Cyberlink PhotoDirector) do not show this issue.

If I use GCam (Google Camera port) DNGs from the same phone I have no issues.

Sample DNG:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bITLcxi30mxX9PoDZz2ShsODNTb54pXR/view?usp=sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug. The white balance values in this file are extreme which is probably due to a bad built-in profile in the dng. Post it at https://feedback.photoshop.com. Here we are just other users and can't help fix bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that device in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Is it treated as Google device? what one?

Are these RAW photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

as far as I unserstand a DNG file is a standard and all of them should be supported by the Adobe RAW Converter/Processor. The images are opened correctly and processed correctly, except the color temperature correction.

All other RAW processors I have tested (RawTherapee, Cyberlink PhotoDirector, Snapseed) have been able to process images form the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 without any issues. Only Lightroom has a problem when using the color temperature slider.

The link to the DNG is a native RAW/DNG from the stock app from the phone.

As I mentioned I also use GCam on this device and the generated RAW/DNGs from this app do not have this issue.

Best regards, Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just bought a Xiaomi Mi 10 and I thought my phone was defective or something. I've also tried as you've mentioned in another reply other software apps (Snapseed) and indeed it's working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines