• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors don't match when exporting from Lightroom.

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I export a JPEG the colors are always slightly off vs. in Lightroom. I put them side by side on my color calibrated screen and can see the difference.  The photo looks good when I soft proof but once i export it is off again (same icc profile used in soft proof and export).  The issue happens regardless of which icc profile I export with.  I have even used Photoshop to load the images to ensure they are being color managed in the same way.  When I contacted adobe customer support they couldn't help me and told me to post here.

I should note that when I bought my computer (Asus zenbook) the yellows were off.  I sent it in and they corrected it.  I fear this may be related.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a JPEG the colors are always slightly off vs. in Lightroom. I put them side by side on my color calibrated screen and can see the difference.

In what application are you viewing the exported jpgs? Most image viewers are not color managed, and will differ from Lightroom or Photoshop to some extent. If you have a wide gamut monitor, the difference can be quite dramatic. (increased saturation)

The photo looks good when I soft proof but once i export it is off again (same icc profile used in soft proof and export).

Soft proofing is normally used with printer profiles to get an idea of what the print will look like.

Using it with standard exports (and standard profiles like sRGB or Adobe RGB) to be viewed on-screen doesn't make any sense, because Lightroom is already displaying the image correctly (provided that your monitor is calibrated), and how the exported image will display depends entirely on whether the application used for viewing is color managed or not.

I have even used Photoshop to load the images to ensure they are being color managed in the same way.

Not sure what you mean by using Photoshop "to load the images".

Did you open the exported images in Photoshop?

If so, did they look the same as the originals in Lightroom, or was there a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant what that I am viewing the exported JPEG's in Photoshop to ensure that they are color managed and there is a difference.

Thank you for the info about soft proofing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Lightroom and Photoshop don't display identically, it is usually caused by a defective monitor profile.

Another possibility is that you have set the RGB working space in Photoshop to Monitor RGB, which disables color management, and makes Photoshop behave like any non-color managed application.

Please post a screenshot of your PS Color settings. (Edit > Color settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines