• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour issue between LR and PS

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started to notice that the appearance of a DNG file that is initially edited in LR and then edited in PS and saved as a PSD when viewed back in LR the PSD in LR appears warmer compared to the same PSD file viewed in Photoshop. The PS PSD file also seems somewhat flat. I have the latest version of LR Classic and PS and edit my images on a BenQ SW2700PT that is a 2nd monitor. I am using a 27inch iMac 2013 with Catalina. The BenQ is profile using Palette Master element and a Spyder X pro. I use ProPhoto RGB throughout (External File Handling in LR and as the working space in PS and Preserve Embedded Profiles. The iMac is profiles using the Spyder software but I am not sure if that is relevant.

I have also noticed that if a open a RAW file directly in Camera Raw and then in PS there is similiar color shift
I would have thought that the same file should look the same on the same monitor with the same embedded profile and so I assume I must be doing something wrong

Any advice most welcome

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems your monitor profile could be corrupt. Please check.

Gelöst: Re: Color problem on photoshop - Adobe Support Community - 11567497

How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted? | The Lightroom Queen

Have you tried to recalibrate your monitors?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should match when you examine all the images in Develop at 1:1 or greater, vs. Photoshop at 100% or greater. Be sure you view this way in LR to compare. If they don't, I agree, it's the display profile. 

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried the GPU option and this made no difference.  I then re-calibrated both monitors but I was not hopeful as I have tried this many times before.  Again no improvement.  I then removed all the profile from the folder ColorSync/Profiles and the result of this was that both monitors reverted to their "factory or default" profiles.  In this state there was no change in image colour when switching from LR to PS either with a Raw file or a PSD file.  So the problem arises when I create a monitor profile. So I then wondered if somehow the software was producing a corrupt profile and so I removed SpyderX Pro completely and started from scratch.  I recreated the iMac profile using the SpyderX software and the BenQ monitor using PME.  Same result.  Any ideas?  I shall contact Datacolor as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the profile isn't correctly being created.

If you run the Apple ColorSync Utility, Profile First Aid, does it show errors in that profile from the Spyder? 

The issue sounds like maybe a bug not with the Spyder but with BenQ's software. Not news to me but if you have the Spyder software, and you calibrate using it instead of Pallette Master, do you still see the issue? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found that both the Spyder Profile for the iMac and the profile for BenQ monitor (PME) were corrupted.  I repaired both but this has made no difference.  I will try using the Spyder for both Profiles now and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now claibrated both monitors using spyderX software.  The issue with the colour difference between raw and psd files opened in LR and PS remains.  I now only notice this on the BenQ monitor in that the PS image always seems washed out compared to the identical image when viewed in LR.  It is almost as if Photoshop and Lightroom are using different profiles on the same monitor  

Gratfeul for any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appear to have solved it.  I made the Benq monitor the primary monitor rather than the iMac and once I had done that there was no longer an issue with LR and PS color shifts.  It would seem that one of the 2 does not work well on a secondary monitor - in my setup at least.

Thanks for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines