Highlighted

Colour profiles not appearing?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I bought an Xrite Colour Passport 2 for a photoshoot I was doing recently. I followed all the steps to get the profile installed and it went well. What I have noticed though is it's only available for some photos within that photoshoot. All RAW/CR2 files, no JPG at all.

So, the profile loads fine with ColourCheck software, but while Lightroom does import it it ONLY seems to let me load it for some photos.

If I go to say the third photo and try to load the colour profile it will show "profiles" in the dropdown option, but if I go to the next photo "profiles" is gone and it only allows me to choose the Adobe versions or "Artistic" etc.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colour profiles not appearing?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I bought an Xrite Colour Passport 2 for a photoshoot I was doing recently. I followed all the steps to get the profile installed and it went well. What I have noticed though is it's only available for some photos within that photoshoot. All RAW/CR2 files, no JPG at all.

So, the profile loads fine with ColourCheck software, but while Lightroom does import it it ONLY seems to let me load it for some photos.

If I go to say the third photo and try to load the colour profile it will show "profiles" in the dropdown option, but if I go to the next photo "profiles" is gone and it only allows me to choose the Adobe versions or "Artistic" etc.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile is used to render the raw data to what you see on screen. Jpegs are already rendered to pixels. Only artistic profiles will work with jpegs because they don't need a profile. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. My understanding though is you can use this profile for different photos? So you shoot with the colour checker then tell Lightroom to use which colour profile. The colour profile for those photos is only letting me select it on some photos and not others. Some only show the Adobe profiles and only 4-5 out of 40 allow me to select the Colourite profile, which from what I've been reading I should be able to select for every photo?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware, using Xrite to create a profile for raw files captured by a specific camera model will be applicable to that model and sensor type.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I thought, but it's only letting me import that same profile from the same shoot to certain photos, not all of them so some of them are colour correct and some I just have to use the Adobe defaults.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide some additional info. See the forum guidelines in the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Also, some specific questions, have you created a preset for your default import options?

Is it Camera and serial # specific?

Does the screen capture help, see the + sign for more options in the Profile Browser.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 11.33.29 AM.png 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the advice. 

Lightroom Classic 9.3 (latest update)

Windows 10 Home Version 2004

i7 8700k

32gb ram

So, essentially I import the profile from xrite and it appears (see first screenshot Leah1). I can apply it and all is well.

Then when I go to other photos (same camera, same lens and same session) it won't appear (see screenshot Leah2). I have noticed however it says Profile in Leah1 however when I go to other photos it will either only show Adobe profiles, or it will show the xrite preset I imported.

So, it seems to be random, it will either appear or not. I also tried reimporting the profile, but it says the profile is already imported. So on some photos with same camera (only used one for this shoot) it will either sometimes appear or sometimes not and unfortunately some images are looking colour correct and some not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Leah1.PNGLeah2.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the 1) CCPP camera profile, 2) one of the raw files that shows it, and 3) one of raw file that does not show it in the Profile Browser to Dropbox or other file sharing site. Place the share link in a reply here and we can take a look at them to see what's different.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0