Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare LR 5 with LRC

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Group ,

i recently signed up for the Test Abo to access Lightroom Classic .

I  use LR5 latest version 7.1.  since years ,unfortunately there is no mor update.

Looking into LRC everthing fortunately looks the same, so using it is not a challenge .The big question behind it for me is now is it worth spending the 11€ for the Abo per month.

Using both versions parallel i cant realy see the difference or the development in all those years .It may sound a little unfair to the engineers working on those Programs and they have my respect, but i as end user do not see much difference between my old and the new version .

So do i overlook a feature or a benefit ??

Only difference i see is that all SONY Files are imported while LR5 needs a converter for the sony rx10 iv Files.

Shooting with Sony A 99  and Sony Rx10 IV most in RAW.

Thank ou for any good Information .

Greetings from Lake Constanze ,Germany 

Andy

IG  @pilot.pictures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The big question behind it for me is now is it worth spending the 11€ for the Abo per month."

Honestly, only you can decide what is worth it to you. We can't decide this for you. We can tell you what the features are, and there are many many useful features in LrC 10.0 that were not in Lightroom 5.7.1. Things like dehaze, range masking, color grading, texture, guided upright, erase part of your graduated filter, hue slider to replace colors in local adjustments, radial filters and that's just the Develop Module enhancements (and I probably left some out). Also, in the Library Module, HDR and panorama photo merge. I would not want to use Lightroom 5.7.1 any more for my Lightroom Classic work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the RE ,ill go into it a little more and play around with what you mentioned .

I use it daily, that way it weel coud be worth :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines