• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiling a large photo book - how to pause then return to working on the book?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am putting together a photo book which will probably be in the 150 page range.  It is far too much to try to lay out in one sitting.  However, once I've saved a "created" book, how do I re-open it and, more importantly, save the new additional work without scrambling what I've already done.  "Create New" certainly doesn't work for that because instead of creating a new book from what has just been done, it attempts to RELOAD all the photos in whatever default format I have chosen.  There must be a way to do this, isn't there?  I have searched but not found any helpful tips.  Thanks for your assist!

Duane C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I'm answering my own question.  If I create the book and make it the target collection, then I only need to add photos via collection to that book, return to the book module and add the new photos.  I think this is a simple answer, and apparently no overt "save" action is required.  Please let me know if I'm wrong!

Duane C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I have not done this previously so i am just providing some basic info to get you started. 

When you are in the book module go to the left panel and click on + sign next to the Collections header and proceed from there. Alternatively, you can click on the "Create Saved Book" to start I am sure you will be able to return to the book if you stop and exit LrC and return later. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 6.50.51 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the link below for a video tutorial.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-photo-book.html 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you've saved the book (Create New Book) it appears in the Collections panel with a split "book" icon. To reopen a book go to the Book module and click on its book icon in the Collections panel. To add more image files place them in the book icon in the Collections panel.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2014/01/adding-additional-images-to-a-saved-book-project.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines