• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer crashed while opening Lightroom classic. Now everythig is gone in lightroom.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yeah I don't what the f*ck happened but my computer crashed and all images vanished in lightroom. When I started my computer again and opened the lightroom it was like the first time opening it. All the instructions were there etc. How is this possible??!! Is there any chance to get them back..... Thanks already for the help...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

It may or may not mean either of those things. Don't jump to conclusions.

You need to find existing catalogs, and open them and see what is in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed while I opened the lightroom. Never done that before and I have a good computer. (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, use the menu command File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown until you find what you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no catalogs. All gone. everything. Nada. Zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, I have catalogs on my computer but I really don't want to re-upload catalogs. There were some hundred new edited images that I haven't "saved".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature to find all files on all hard disks, whose name ends with .LRCAT.

Then open each one in Lightroom by double-clicking on it, until you find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically I just need to download all the catalogs again into the lightroom? So that means I lost all the recent edited pictures? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may or may not mean either of those things. Don't jump to conclusions.

You need to find existing catalogs, and open them and see what is in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! I just downloaded all catalogs back and somehow the recently edited images are also there! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem, but it does not matter which catalogue or where I doubleclick it, it always says, that lr cannot open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more details I can only guess your "same problem" might be Catalogs that are "Locked" because of a computer crash.

If this is the error you see-

"The Lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened."

Then instructions to fix are here-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

ie. Delete any files that end with the file-type of   {.LOCK}

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. It appears a message similar to the mentioned. But I cannot find any locked file.  May be, windows does not show them to me? The backup-catalogfile is a .zip. I need futher help. Thank you.

My System: Windows 7 home edition, Lr 6.14 Nikon DSLR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

niemeyer.dr.b says

"I got the same problem, but it does not matter which catalogue or where I doubleclick it, it always says, that lr cannot open it"

This is not the same problem, and you would be wise to start a new thread and provide a complete description of your problem, along with the following information

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines