• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer freezes up several times a day when using Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom a few days ago for the first time.  My computer completely freezes up a few times a day when Lightroom is running. The computer is completely unresponsive, I can not open Task Manager to kill it off.  I must do a hard reboot.

Computer Info:

Dell Inspiron

8.0 GB RAM

Windows 10 Home, Version 1903

111 GB available on hard drive

Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer freezing is almost always a bad/corrupted/out-of-date driver, or a hardware malfunction. I would re-install all drivers on your computer. If that doesn't help, then you can run diagnostics on all of your hardware to search for malfunctions.

Is there a pattern to this freeze, for example if it happens always when you do a certain activity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to dj_paige wrote please try to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Do you get an error message when LR crashed?

Take also a look into the Windows log If there are appropriate messages. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, GPU on or off in Lightroom does not cause computer crashes. It can cause Lightroom to crash, but not the entire computer to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone.  I talked to Adobe tech support.  Their instructions were to increase Lightroom's cache size from 5MB to 25MB, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines