• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer keeps shutting down

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!  This has been happening for FAR too long and it truly is just almost unusable at this point.  EVERY time I attempt to edit images in LR Classic after a few images my computer (Apple Desktop, not even 2 years old, works perfectly find in EVERY other way!) fan starts getting louder and louder and UNLESS I leave LR and work on emails for a few minutes until the fan settles down, it will crash my computer:(. I have sent the my email address to the crash report about 50 times and have never received a response of any kind.  Please someone tell me you have had this problem and have found a solution.  I refuse to continue to pay for this monthly if I cannot use it without this problem.  Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have a problem with the cooling system for your CPU. Lightroom uses the CPU very heavily, more so than many other programs. Once the CPU gets too hot, it will shut down. The fact that the fan slows down when you leave Lightroom is the clue to this issue.

If the cooling system (air ducting, fan and CPU thermal compound) was all working ok, you wouldn't be seeing this. It's probably time for a service call.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!  Planning on bringing it in when possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of this doesn't require you to "bring it in". make sure all air vents are not blocked by dust. vaccuum out the case (if you can open it without voiding the warranty). read online tips about how to improve the cooling in your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely agreeing with KR Seals. This has all of the symptoms of heat build up causing computer to crash. You need to check for improper cooling, including blocked air flow and failure of a particular fan, among other issues that can cause improper cooling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines