• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer restarts when exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since yesterday, both before and after updating to the latest version of lightroom classic, my computer has been restarting every time i export more than 2-3 photos at the same time. I've tried a lot of things, my temperatures are in the norm, drivers updated, preferences reset, uninstalled and reinstalled lr, deactivated GPU acceleration, nothing seems to work. I am on windows 10, have more than 100 GB of free storage on the main SSD and 16GB of ram and this issue exclusively happens when exporting with lightroom, everything else, even more intensive applications, run smoothly. Does anyone else have a similair issue? If so how was it solved?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer has a hardware malfunction somewhere, you need to check all your hardware including the cooling system. Other possible causes are a bad driver somewhere.

You say this does not happen with "more intensive applications" but exporting from Lightroom Classic is extremely CPU intensive, more than almost any other application; and its hard to know what you mean by "more intensive applications" anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, I will check the hardware and cooling system, although I'm skeptical about the CPU load and temperature issue because the restart happens instantly after the export starts and the CPU temps in that split second remain within reason (I have checked them with hardware monitor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this has anything at all to do with it, but do you have the postprocessing section set this way? If not then try this:

Annotation 2020-07-03 084415.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'm not at the computer right now but I believe it is set up that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said by dj_paige you have some type of hardware problem.

If it started recently and before you updated to LrC 9.3 then you can rule that update out as the cause.

If you can export 2-3 photos at a time and it does not restart your system then it is, IMHO, a faulty piece of hardware and or a Heat problem.

Exporting uses a lot of system resources which will make the system run hotter. It seems to be fine for a few photo export but when you do more than 2-3 the heat starts to build. The CPU and GPU have internal limits that could cause the system to shut down and restart.

Could also be a RAM problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I hope the hardware is fine and it's just a heating problem, it is a particularly hot period but the PC doesn't seem to be dusty or anything.I will buy some new thermal paste, open it up and clean everything. How can I check if the ram is having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I will try it once I'm home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good free troubleshooting tool is CPUID HWMonitor. It checks power supply voltages, various system temperatures including core tempertures, fan speeds, etc. and records the max and min values. Let it run while your working in LR and then check the max and min values to see if something is out of spec.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Todd, it was already set up while exporting and it indicated temps around 70°-80°, my CPU should be able to run up to 95° but just to be sure I'm going to clean up the whole system asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines