• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion with Lightroom updates

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open"about Lightroom":  I show that I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, 2015.12 Release with Camera Raw. 9.12.  When I click on "updates" it opens my creative cloud to "Lightroom Classic Desktop" update.  On my Creative Cloud it shows that I have Lightroom Classic version 6.0 installed.  At one point I had 2 versions installed and the one I uninstalled shows in Creative Cloud as "Lightroom, The cloud based photo service", and when you open the little graduation cap on the side it says it is Lightroom Desktop.  Why are the names showing up differently and how do I differentiate them as I believe I just went ahead and updated once on suggestion from Creative Cloud and ended up with both versions on my desktop.

The version I want is the one that can sync with my mobile phone.

Help!!

Shelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First please state your operating system version NUMBER. We need the NUMBER and not words like "up-to-date" or "current".

Next, can you please tell us if you have subscribed to any monthly or annual plan from Adobe, if so, which plan?

You most likely want to upgrade all the way to Lightroom Classic 9.2 if your operating system supports it. That's the version you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a very old version of LR Classic installed. Like 3+ years old.

Do you Subscribe to the Adobe Photography plan that costs $9.99 a month?

As above what is the exact version of the operating system your computer is running.

LR CC 2015.xx is the same as LR 6, same program, different way to activate it.

LR 6.xx is the last perpetual licensed version and LR CC 2015.xx is the Subscription base version.

With LR 6 you use a Serial number to activate it.

With LR CC 2015 activation happen by signing into it with the Adobe ID you used to purchase the subscription.

All new versions, LR 7, 8 and now version 9 are only available through the subscription system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell from system info I have version CC 2015.12. I have
done all the updates as my monthly subscription to Adobe recommends.

At lease I thought I had...I just went into creative cloud and found
that, when I open the menu on the side of the lightroom Classic tab that
there are multiple other versions there, so I have no idea why I haven't
been getting notifications that there are new ones there. I can see that
the latest version is Lightroom Classic 9.2. Is there any problem with
updating straight to that version or should I install all the older
versions in order first?

I really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks
Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you go straight to v9.2. There is no reason to install the many 'in-between' versions!

Because the 'CC desktop App' is showing 9.2, it must be compatible with your computer OS.

If, when you first run v9.2, and (in the rare instance) it opens with an empty catalog (no photos)- DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING. Instead-

Exit from Lightroom-Classic, then find your catalog with the file browser (catalog name.LRCAT) and [Double-click] it to open it with v9.2.

You will be asked to upgrade your catalog, accept "yes". A copy of your old catalog is saved, and the upgraded catalog that works with v9.2 has an extra -2 on the end of the filename. (catalog name-2.LRCAT)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-upgrade-catalog/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks I will try that.
Thanks for your help.
Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version OS are you using????

This has been asked already and we need to know that.

Windows?

Mac OS X?

And the Exact version number.

Could be you have the newest version of LR Classic installed but for some reason you still have an older version installed too. And you inadvertently opened the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, new to this, thought you were asking for LR version.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, installed 08/9/2019, OS build

I have looked at my "uninstall" list and have only found the one version of
LR. Is there somewhere else that I would check for that?

Thanks again for your help.
Shelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines