• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling backgrounds in Lightroom classic

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im editing a book and want to see how images look when set against a whit ground. In Grid view the application has a back theme controls on the right have a grey background and the grey extends to a grey border around all the images. I have tried to change the border around the images in the image area to no avail. When I go to the interface settings in preferences and set background to white - it changes the background in Loupe view but NOT in grid view - how to change the background color in Grid View? Im looking at a lot of images so haveing a white background in grid view would be so helpful.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes are possible in standard Grid View.

In Loupe view. You are limited to the supplied defaults.

[Right-Click] outside an image, on the background, and select the color you want from the list. But do this anyway.

ScreenShot005.jpg

You can use a reduced 'zoom'  1:4 1:8 to reduce the image on the background.

And by pressing the [Tab] you can toggle the panels visibility on/off.

A workaround for Grid View-

Choose multiple images on the Filmstrip and select [Survey View] (with the Background -white)

ScreenShot009.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice - Appreciate the workaround, and I got through it, but it is a workaround - the product should do this - seems like a design mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im editing a book and want to see how images look when set against a white ground.

And why not see how they look in the book? Do you not see images on white pages as they would be printed?

Page (background) color can be set to any color you like in the Background panel of the Book module.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that by looking at Develop mode

I am not producing the book, I am just shooting the images for it. I simply wanted to make sure the white in the image was white enough and there was no fall off at the edges of the images making the finished page look like there are smudges at the edges of each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Develop mode seems like the best you can do.

And using the Clipping indicator (keyboard [J] ) will give instant indication of where an image is white, or not.

ScreenShot027.jpgScreenShot028.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines