Highlighted

Converting LR6 to Lightroom Photography bundle on a new Mac

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have a new Macbook Pro, have my library on external drive where I used LR6. Now I want to connect new Lightroom to multiple libraries on external drives and want to keep the images on the external drives. 2. what I find confusing is , that although I have subscribed to Photography bundle which includes Photoshop, I do not see Photoshop installed -only LR and the version it gives is 3.2.1 >> is this LR Classic for the laptop, which I need, or has it in fact installed the Cloud version? Please assist.

Topics

Download and install, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting LR6 to Lightroom Photography bundle on a new Mac

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have a new Macbook Pro, have my library on external drive where I used LR6. Now I want to connect new Lightroom to multiple libraries on external drives and want to keep the images on the external drives. 2. what I find confusing is , that although I have subscribed to Photography bundle which includes Photoshop, I do not see Photoshop installed -only LR and the version it gives is 3.2.1 >> is this LR Classic for the laptop, which I need, or has it in fact installed the Cloud version? Please assist.

Topics

Download and install, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Photography Plan, you should get Photoshop, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. If you have subscribed to the "Lightroom Plan", then you have subscribed to the wrong plan, which does not include Lightroom Classic. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=9DJJ4N49&mv=other

So really, which plan did you subscribe to? If you go to account.adobe.com, it should clearly say "Photography Plan" and not any other words that might be similar.

If it does say "Photography Plan", you should be able to download and install Lightroom Classic.

Adobe customer support can help you switch plans, if that's what you need. There's also a link at account.adobe.com to allow you to change plans.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj, thanks for the quick reply. I subscribed to the photography plan and in the e-amil resonse for download I got this

Dieter, welcome to your trial of Photography plan (20GB)!

So where am I going wrong?

It seems to me what got downloaded is Lightroom 3.2.1 whereas LR Classic is somewhere version 9.xx

If ultimately I have the right program, should it say Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 2020 or what?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't care about what the e-mail said. It's irrelevant. I want you to follow the instructions I gave earlier: go to account.adobe.com and see exactly what you are subscribed to. Nothing else will clear up the matter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3.2.1 is the "new" Lightroom that stores all of your images in the cloud. It is included in the package that also includes Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Classic is the upgrade to Lightroom 6 that will function like your previous Lightroom, using a local catalog and will store images on your hard drive. You will need to go to the creative cloud application and look for Lightroom Classic and install it. After it is installed and you run it, it will prompt you to upgrade your catalog. This is something you will want to allow to happen. The upgrade process will create a new copy of your catalog that will have the same name but will have a -2 appended to its name. That is the catalog that will be used by Lightroom Classic. You need to do some careful study to understand the difference between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. They are different programs intended for different uses, and it is generally not recommended to try to use both on the same computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, I do not want to use the cloud version. My plan in my Adobe account is the Photography plan.

Should I then just add the Lightroom Classic from the Adobe Creative Cloud install page? The problem is it does not show Photoshop, only Premiere Pro.

I almost appears to me that I should not be on the creative cloud page which it presents to me when I press to install anything. Or is Lightroom Classic also part of Creative Cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL Adobe products are part of the creative cloud. If Lightroom Classic isn't available in the creative cloud manager then apparently you have signed up for the wrong plan. Lightroom Classic is installed on your computer, and runs just like Lightroom 6 did. The creative cloud is a delivery system. It is where you get the installation files, it is how updates are delivered to you, and it is how Adobe verifies that your subscription is up to date. But Lightroom Classic runs locally on your computer. Actually, so does Lightroom for the cloud. It just automatically stores all of your images in the cloud because that is how Lightroom 3.2.1 is designed. My suggestion to you would be to do a live chat with Adobe and talk to them about switching plans. Lightroom 3.2.1 is included in the other plan. But you also have Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and Bridge. I will provide you with the link, click on the little "balloon" in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

Adobe Customer Care 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JimHess LATEST
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dieterb, I assume you have installed the creative cloud app and have signed in using your Adobe ID and password. If you have done that then that is where you install the software to your computer. The programs that you are entitled to will say, "Install" and the others will say, "Try".There are separate entries on that app for Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. All you should have to do, if you have signed up for the right plan, is locate Lightroom Classic in the creative cloud app and click on install, and it will walk you through the installation process to install Lightroom Classic on your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines