Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & paste local adjustment settings ISSUE

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after copy and paste local adjustment settings from one image to another lightroom begins to be very slow to edit local adjustment mask (about 2-5 seconds after click with add or erase brush).

If I close and re-open lightroom editing remains slow only with photos where I pasted local adjustment.

If I delete local adjustment and I re-edit lightroom is fast.

Here are system info.

Here is a sample video: first photo edited with copy & paste local setting, second one edited from scratch.

Regards

Alessio C.

(Links Removed By Moderator)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can be this post go up in list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I can contact adobe outside community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, from another posting (actualy a reply you posted to another  embers problem) younhave a 4K display?

Unlike MACOS you can decrease the actual display resolution. In MACOS you can only alter the scaling of the display. Both Windows and MAC have the scaling option. Scaling only makes the display look like a smaller resolution. When you scale, your OS is still using all the pixals

Niw when you actualy change the display resolution, you are decreasing the total number if pixals

Why all that context, I just wrote?

Lightroom, in Develop module recreates each and every pixal to feed to your display. Every time you touch a edit, ir recreates thise pixals.

Lightroom is a parametric application, that us hiw it can be non destructive. as such it recreates each and every pixal, over and over again.

Raster programs like Photoshop, do not do this. They save each edit to temp memoe=ry, and when you add an additional edit, only the pixals modufied get recreated, a lot less work.

So how to fix?

1. If you were extremly lucky, the option to use GPU could help. but apparently not.

2. You will not like this, but, decrease your resolution.  In your OS. Lightroom will then create fewer pixals, taje less time. Remember to also decrease your library previews (standard)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can decrease the actual Display Resolution on MACOS for individual applications by RightClicking the App in Finder and choosing Get Info and then selecting "Open in Low Resolution"

I use this in Garmin Basecamp and it really speeds up the display as Basecamp is terrible on the 5k imac.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 11.09.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines