• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy or download synched folder of images to backup hd

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have my synched images in my iPhone folder in Lightroom Classic, I now need to make copies of the images for the external hard disk drive that has been used as back up whenever I import my images into LRC.  Is it best to copy this file directly onto the backup hdd (and I'm not exactly sure how this might be done) or if it's possible, can I download the synched images again from the Adobe Cloud to my backup hdd, making sure that I choose the right destination folder in LR Preferences?

Once I have a copy of the synched folder on my external hdd, I'm facing yet another problem.   I still have to move the images from the this folder to their final resting places:). And I will have to do this twice-once for the folder of images on my computer hdd and again for the copied folder of images on my bachup external hdd. Or do I?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Copy the Images from the drive they are stored on on your computer to the other drive, Internal or External, you want to use as the backup drive. You do this OUTSIDE of LR with the File manager for your OS.

And you DO NOT try to import those copied images into the LR catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The defaut location of images that are synced down from the cloud is an obscure file called 'Mobile Downloads.lrdata'. You could copy that whole file to an external drive to backup it.

A better way to do this is to change that location in the Preferences - Lightroom Sync. There you can change the location to a normal folder, and set up a dated subfolder hierarchy if you want to. That allows you to backup the images just like you backup your other images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines