• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying client favorite photos list into LR

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to copy favorite file numbers from a client and using find within LR to sort through that list. No photos end up getting sorted. Then cancelling the favorite list into the search, the entire gallery is blank until I close LR and open it back up again. Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us will not look at attachments. Please include screen captures in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Embed screenshot.jpg

In addition, I don't understand "using find within LR to sort...", the Find in Lightroom doesn't sort, and sort doesn't find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixieset has a favorite photos list that you can copy and use CMD+F to sort through your library or sub folders. Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 10.12.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 10.13.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe the exact steps you follow (leaving nothing out) in Lightroom Classic and exactly what happens.

Also, please provide the following basic information

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted (as Robert Cullen) to a similar request here-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-how-do-i-search-for-multipl...

And John Ellis also explains why 'Spaces in Filenames' does not work successfully in a list search-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-how-do-i-search-for-multipl...

And Rikk Flohr describes the method in a very brief manner in the link-

"Set Library filter to Text: Any Searchable Field [contains] and then list all your (or paste your filenames) in separated by a space or a comma."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this search method plenty of times, but then when I clear the favorite list of filenames, I would go to my primary library and now none of my photographs show up. I have to close LR and open it up again for the rest of my catalog to show properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure of the terms you use!

"favorite list of filenames"-  Is this the (comma separated) text list of files you are searching for?

"primary library"- What is this, another Catalog of photos? The [All Photographs] list in the Catalog Panel?

"none of my photographs show up"- Are you 'clearing' the filter search by clicking on [None] above the window? [Ctrl+L] can clear Filters.

When a filter search is successful in finding the files, are you creating a Collection of these files?

I notice in your screen-clips- you must be clicking on BOTH [Text] and [Attributes] - A reason? Your file search should only need [Text].

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines