• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright meta data does not export to file

Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 setup to export All Metadata which would include the copyright information I set up.  However, non of the copyright info gets saved to the image when exported.  All other metadata does however.  What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds familiar, I think it has come up in this forum before.

incidentally, a link on exporting with and without all or some metadata, just in case you checked a box incorrectly

https://laurashoe.com/2017/08/15/exporting-in-lightroom-how-to-protect-your-privacy-when-sharing-pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something in the back of my head makes me think to ask, in addition to filling out the copyright field, did you select a correct value in the copyright status field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidg36166309  wrote

Yes, in the export dialog a button has to be checked

https://laurashoe.com/2018/01/01/nows-the-time-to-set-up-your-2018-copyright-preset-in-lig htroom-cl...

No, nothing specifically needs to be checked in the Export dialog in order to include Copyright info, as that is always included and cannot be omitted, no matter which option is selected in the Metadata section.

But as the OP states that "All Metadata" is selected, that tends to suggest that no copyright info has been set in the Library's Metadata panel, and so that should be the first thing that the OP should check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyright info has indeed been set in the Library's metadata panel.  As I stated in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to view the file information after the export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows, right click on the image and view properties>details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just import the image back into Lightroom and see if the copyright is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce that, i.e. I do see the copyright data in the details panel after exporting.

You could try what Bob suggests, but if it's still not showing could you post a screenshot of the relevant part of the Metadata Panel, and the "Origin" panel of the Properties>Details screen in Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonymuffin  wrote

Copyright info has indeed been set in the Library's metadata panel.  As I stated in my original post.

By that you mean in the original image in Lightroom, you have added The copyright. Not that you added it to the exported file in Lightroom after the export? Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the point Bob Somrak is making, but let me ask differently??

In Lightroom, the exported copy, does the copyright show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, in Windows OS, is a empty field for Copyright shown? Or is no field shown at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And consider a tool like ExifTool by Phil Harvey to view that metadata.

does someone have a proper link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines