Highlighted

Corrupt catalog when using one USB HDD containing photo files and LR catalog with 2 computers

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell XPS15 laptop and Dell Aurura R8 desktop PC both running Windows 10.

I have my photo files and LR catalog on a removable USB HDD.

I want to add photo files and edit them on the laptop using the USB HDD whilst away from home and have them available on the desktop PC when I get back home again and plug the HDD into it.

However the LR catalog is corrupt when I try to launch LR on the desktop PC.

Is what I'm trying to achieve not possible in Windows 10?

Or am I missing something important?

It's definitely a LR issue as the same results are experienced on 2 different USB drives.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Corrupt catalog when using one USB HDD containing photo files and LR catalog with 2 computers

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell XPS15 laptop and Dell Aurura R8 desktop PC both running Windows 10.

I have my photo files and LR catalog on a removable USB HDD.

I want to add photo files and edit them on the laptop using the USB HDD whilst away from home and have them available on the desktop PC when I get back home again and plug the HDD into it.

However the LR catalog is corrupt when I try to launch LR on the desktop PC.

Is what I'm trying to achieve not possible in Windows 10?

Or am I missing something important?

It's definitely a LR issue as the same results are experienced on 2 different USB drives.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define corrupt.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0