Highlighted

Corrupt Files deleted Folders in LR Classic

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a huge problem and not sure where the problem lies. It can only be LR and or Windows 10. I also have a cloud provider but I don't think it's their problem. My problem is that whole folders are being deleted from my system and all the images in them are gone hundreds if not thousands of photographs gone. Sometimes photos are corrupted in folders but generally, the whole folder and all the images are gone, deleted. Luckily I have a backup but this is ridiculous now. This happens more or less daily.

PLEASE does anybody have an idea of what can be happening?

Regards Limpopoboy

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Corrupt Files deleted Folders in LR Classic

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a huge problem and not sure where the problem lies. It can only be LR and or Windows 10. I also have a cloud provider but I don't think it's their problem. My problem is that whole folders are being deleted from my system and all the images in them are gone hundreds if not thousands of photographs gone. Sometimes photos are corrupted in folders but generally, the whole folder and all the images are gone, deleted. Luckily I have a backup but this is ridiculous now. This happens more or less daily.

PLEASE does anybody have an idea of what can be happening?

Regards Limpopoboy

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't do this. Windows 10 doesn't do this. A malfunctioning hard disk could do this. You need to run diagnostics on the health of the disk that contains these folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dj

Thanks for the response. However,

1. All diagnostics had been carried out on the disk prior to my submitting my issue with no errors shown.

2. As far as I can see its only mu image folders and images being affected. Surely if it was the HD other files would be affected?

Could it be a corrupt catalogue?

He is hoping somebody has experienced this or has an answer.

Regards Limpopoboy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see its only mu image folders and images being affected. Surely if it was the HD other files would be affected?

Surely not. Bad sectors can affect only certain files.

Furthermore, 20 years ago before Lightroom existed and before Windows 10 existed, I would have said the same thing ... software and operating systems do not corrupt files/folders; and software and operating systems do not make files/folders disappear, except when the user instructs the software/operating system to do so.

So despite your diagnostics test, this still has every indication of being a hardware issue. There is no known mechanism for software or operating system to do this on its own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines