• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted colors in a Dual Monitor Setup

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a dual monitor setup on my Win10 machine. I have a LG 27UK850-W 27" monitor as my 4K editing monitor and a Acer XF270HU 27" monitor as my 144hz gaming monitor. Both have been color calibrated using DisplayCal and a Spyder 4 recently. I get accurate colors on my LG monitor but corrupted colors on my Acer in LR Classic and PS when dragging the windows between the two workspaces. I can do this in real time, as soon as the window crosses the threshold between them the colors are all wonky. Screenshot from Acer XF270HUScreenshot from Acer XF270HUScreenshot from LG 27UK850-WScreenshot from LG 27UK850-W

I have tried adjusting the bit depth of each monitor with no noticble difference to this effect. I have disabled GPU performance in both PS and LR Classic with no no noticble difference to this effect. I have defaulted to the basic color profile to no effect. 

I'm on Win10, w/ a Vega 64 GPU and a i9-9900k CPU and running all current version of the CC apps.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop and Lightroom Classic on the Acer monitor.

Would you mind checking if the colors on the Acer monitor appear fine if the image in the application is opened directly on to the second monitor instead of the application being dragged over to it?

You can try to assign the sRGB profile to both monitors and check if that helps. Please check: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/how-to-assign-an-srgb-icc-profile-to-your-monitor-w...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important clarification first: You say it happens "as soon as the window crosses the threshold between them". Is that before dropping the image, or after dropping the image? This is an important distinction, because dropping marks the precise point in time where Photoshop switches from one monitor profile to the other.

Generally: Try to replace the monitor profiles (both of them) with sRGB and check again. This doesn't look like your "normal" defective monitor profile, it's more like the whole color management chain is falling completely apart. But start with the monitor profile.

Next, try a different driver for the video card. Either update or roll back. This is very specifically a gaming card, which increases the likelihood of bugs affecting PS/Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had both programs start on each screen and trasnfer to each screen, it's still always corrupt on the Acer. I have tried changing the profiles to sRGB with no change. The GPU drivers are updated as well, with no change in the colors. I'm now on Radeon 20.1.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question. Before or after drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by drop you mean open a new file in photoshop, then yes, new files were still corrupted. I have not tried a new LR catalog or loading new images into the catalog yet though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I suppose the question is moot if this happens with Photoshop opening on that screen as well.

What I mean by drop is that you click an image frame, hold the click and then drag the image frame over. Once over, you release the mouse button. That's the drop. And that's the precise moment when Photoshop switches from one monitor profile to the other. You should see a change in appearance at that exact point - it snaps into the correct colors.

I admit this has me baffled. I've never heard of or seen anything like this. Can you test with another monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the same if I start Lighroom on the LG then transfer it to the Acer. Then closing it and reopening it while still on the Acer results in the same colors. So no real change with that approach. I have assigned the sRGB profile as well with no result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines