Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

corrupted folder

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best,

I have a corrupted folder in lightroom that I'm not able to recover.

And I really need this for school.

Any help possible please?

Kind regards,

Joe 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore recent backups of whatever was in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? What makes you believe it is a 'corrupted folder'? IN LR or on in the Finder / Explorer? And yeah, if indeed this folder or contets is actually corrupted, you'll need to find a backup. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there are No Folders IN LR. There is a list of folders in the Folders sectionof the left hand side panel of the Library module but that is just a List of folder names that are on the hard drive of your computer.

Use the File Manager for the OS you are using to go to that supposed corrupt folder. do you see image file in it? Can you Open them with some other program other than LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "Corrupted folder"? What are you seing exactly that let you think so?

Please, post a screenshot of hat you are seing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

when I try to open the catalogus from on my drive it says that I have to restore the folder. When I do or rather try this. It tells me that the folder can not be restored. I am working on a Windows laptop with Windows 10. 

kind regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You still aren't explaining yourself very well and what you are actually doing.

Please take ans include screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't understand what your computer means by "corrupted folder". Can you post a screenshot of the error message you get? So, we can see who is issuing the message and what are the exact termes of the message.

This would help to diagnose your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to open the catalogus from on my drive it says that I have to restore the folder. When I do or rather try this. It tells me that the folder can not be restored. I am working on a Windows laptop with Windows 10.

You really need to be specific and detailed. The above is not enough information for us to provide help. "It says that I have to restore the folder" — what says this? Your operating system? Lightroom? Something else? What is the exact unedited word-for-word verbatim message? "When I do ..." Tell us the exact steps you followed, step-by-step, leaving nothing out. "It tells me ..." What tells you this? What is the exact unedited word-for-word verbatim message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines