• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted Lightroom Catalog

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening Lightroom today and receive the message: "the lightroom catalog... is corrupted and cannot be used or backed up..." I tried to repair it without luck and now I  cant open it at all.

I tried opening my backup (from yesterday), but it didn't work.

I'm using Windows 10, 64. Lightroom classic cc 7.3.1

PLEASE HELP.

*I created a new thread as requested on the Locked one of the same subject.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone back through previous backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. I opened a backup from the day before and it opened empty.

After many failed attempts. I created a new catalog, with only this year's images, to be able to continue working on my current projects.

If you know of any other solution, I will appreciate it.

Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry I didn't see your response, Alejandro.  First, are you (or Noah) doing anything that might create corruption, like storing your catalog in Dropbox and using it on a second computer before you close LR on the first and it finishes syncing from the first, or storing your catalog on an external drive and ejecting the drive with LR open?

Regarding previous backups, before 7.3.1 LR was corrupting some catalog backups, so Noah, be sure you've updated (to 7.4 now).

Since otherwise it's outside of my area of expertise and if no one else responds here, I'd suggest posting over on Lightroom Queen Forums or on the Adobe bug/feedback site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got corrupted LR catalog because I store my catalog on an external drive and accidentally ejected the drive when LR was still open. Can anyone help what to do with that corrupted catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petrav16383287  wrote

I've got corrupted LR catalog because I store my catalog on an external drive and accidentally ejected the drive when LR was still open. Can anyone help what to do with that corrupted catalog?

You'll probably need to unzip and use the newest LR backup catalog. One is normally created once a week unless you changed the default setting or have been skipping the backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and continue to have this problem monthly since installing Windows 10. Can someone please help? Not only am I losing work, but it's occurring so frequently that I no longer enjoy using Lightroom.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same of a very similar problem. Have reinstalled by computer (Win 10, 64) and upgraded Lightroom to release 8.0. Now I cannot access my catalog.

LR says it is corrupted, but if I try to repair it does not work.

And to make it worse, if I try to restore the catalog from a backup this also fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since your backups are also corrupted, I would recommend posting on Adobe's feedback site and asking if there is anyone at Adobe who can try to repair it for you. If any of you are using Lightroom Classic CC but haven't updated to the most recent version, do that - there was a bug fix in a 7.x release for a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines